Recently there have been some rather large waves created within the industry these waves are clearly here to stay rippling the waters for some time.
These waves have been developed by HP with their new evolutionary 3PAR technology designed to revolutionise storage design with VMware.
The eight ripples that 3PAR have created are listed below these ripples will revolutionary make a change within storage design and development. Below discover what these eight ripples are within this sector.
- Wide striping distributes vSphere storage volumes across all array resources, leveraging the system’s fine-grained virtualization to deliver superior performance. Wide striping provides for consistent levels of performance, regardless of the capacity utilization of the array.
- Mixed workload support enables different types of applications requiring both transaction-based and throughput-intensive workloads to run without contention on a single system.
- Mesh-active clustering of controllers distributes and dynamically balances each workload across all drives, nodes, loops, cache, and ports. Each volume is active on every controller in the array at all times.
- Persistent Cache provides resiliency in the event of a node failure by using the high-performance, Mesh-Active backplane to quickly re-mirror write-back cache to other nodes in the system.
- Simplified management reduces storage administration time by up to 90%. Rapid provisioning, autonomic load balancing, and software management products automate repetitive storage administration tasks.
- “Thin-Built-In” ASIC that not only optimizes the capacity of each 3PAR array, but ramps the performance of every feature by streamlining storage transactions that exercise storage system cache and disks.
- Integration with vSphere that includes VAAI, VASA, vCenter management, Storage I/O Control and more.
- Bonus: Integration within HP Converged Infrastructure around our solutions and tested reference architectures built around HP VirtualSystem, CloudSystem Matrix, and Virtual Connect Flat SAN.